Ashanin Vasiliy Nikolaevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of electric power and electrical engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mel'nikov Anatoliy Arkad'evich, Leading engineer, sub-department of electric power and electrical engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Isaev Sergey Gennad'evich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of electric power and electrical engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsurikov Sergey Aleksandrovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. In commercial accounting, the task of accurately measuring the level of liquid and bulk materials stored and transported in tanks is very relevant. The aim of this work is to analyze ways to reduce the influence of the parameters of the ultrasound propagation medium on the measurement accuracy of echolocation level gauges and develop recommendations for improving the proposed method and device for level measurement.
Materials and methods. Experimental and theoretical studies of the method and microprocessor-based device previously proposed by the authors for measuring the level of separation of media in tanks showed the presence of a methodological error determined by the radial propagation of an ultrasonic wave in a gaseous medium when reflected from the boundaries of separation of media and elements of the tank structure. Analysis of the propagation path of reflected and re-reflected ultrasonic waves in a tank of a given design showed the presence of a methodological error, which can be eliminated by introducing a digital correction in the measurement result.
Results. The well-known methods of increasing the accuracy of ultrasonic level meters are considered. A microprocessor-based implementation of the level meter is proposed, which differs in the independence of the propagation velocity of an ultrasonic wave from the parameters of the gas medium of the reservoir, which provides high metrological characteristics with a relatively simple hardware implementation. This allows the developed level gauge to be used in the custody transfer of various liquid and bulk materials in tanks.
Conclusions. The introduction of a digital correction into the measurement result, taking into account the design parameters of the tank and the radial propagation of an ultrasonic wave when reflected from the surfaces of the controlled substance and the elements of the tank structure, provides high metrological and operational characteristics of the developed microprocessor level gauge.
level of medium separation, gas medium, ultrasound propagation velocity, methodical measurement error, conversion algorithm, microprocessor, correction of measurement result
1. Mel'nikov An. A., Mel'nikov Ar. A. Ul'trazvukovye preobrazovateli v sredstvakh izmereniya [Ultrasonic transducers in measuring instruments]. Moscow: Sputnik+, 2010, 154 p. [In Russian]
2. Vorob'ev V. A. Teoriya ul'trazvukovykh kolebaniy kak osnova postroeniya i primeneniya tekhnicheskikh sredstv polucheniya informatsii: ucheb. posobie [Theory of ultrasonic vibrations as the basis for the construction and application of technical means of obtaining information: teaching aid]. Saint-Petersburg: SPbGUAP, 2002, 54 p. [In Russian]
3. Khamidullin V. K. Ul'trazvukovye kontrol'no-izmeritel'nye ustroystva i sistemy [Ultrasonic measurement inspection machine and systems]. Leningrad: Izd.-vo Leningradskogo universiteta, 1989, 249 p. [In Russian]
4. Key Dzh., Lebi T. Tablitsy fizicheskikh i khimicheskikh postoyannykh: per. s angl. [Tables of physical and chemical constants: translated from English]. Moscow: Fizmatgiz, 1962, 248 p. [In Russian]
5. Babintsev V. A., Shipilov K. F. Issledovano v Rossii [Researched in Russia]. 2003. Available at: http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2003/215.pdf- s. 2509-25136. [In Russian]
6. Klyuev M. S., Klyuev S. P., Krasnoborod'ko V. V. Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Acoustic journal]. 1999, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 825–831. [In Russian]
7. Kalinov G. A., Kondrat'ev A. I., Nikitin O. A., Rimlyand V. I. Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Acoustic journal]. 2001, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 564–566. [In Russian]
8. Gromov A. N. Sbornik trudov XI sessii Rossiyskogo Akusticheskogo Obshchestva [Proceedings of the 11th session of Russian Acoustuc Society]. 2001, vol. 2, pp. 262–265. [In Russian]
9. Gromov A. N. Tekhnicheskaya akustika [Technical acoustic]. 2007. Available at: http://www.ejta.org 2007, 10. [In Russian]
10. Gusel'nikov V. K., Borisenko E. A. O primenenii testovykh metodov dlya povysheniya tochnosti ul'trazvukovykh urovnemerov [On the application of test methods to improve the accuracy of ultrasonic level meters]. Kharkov: Metrologiya, 2012, pp. 531–534. [In Russian]
11. Gusel'nikov V. K., Borisenko E. A. Vestnik Natsional'nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta «KhPI»: sb. nauch. tr. Temat. vyp.: Avtomatika i priborostroenie [Bulletin of National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”: collected articles. Series: Automationa and instrument engineering]. Kharkov: NTU «KhPI», 2011, no. 11, pp. 22–26. [In Russian]
12. Gusel'nikov V. K., Borisenko E. A. Ukraїns'kiy metrologіchniy zhurnal [Ukrainian metrological journal]. 2011, no. 4, pp. 31–35.
13. Patent №2364841 Rossiyskaya Federatsiya. Sposob izmereniya urovnya zhidkosti [Patent No 2364841 Russian Federation. Liquid level measurement method]. Ashanin V. N., Mel'nikov A. A., Kisilev A. N., Pivovarov P. V., Sokolov V. A. BI № 23 ot 20.08.2009. [In Russian]
14. Ashanin V. N., Mel'nikov A. A. Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems]. 2014, no. 7 (182), pp. 39–42. [In Russian]